We are looking for a WordPress Developer with an opportunity to work on a complicated project, have a wide area of responsibility.
- Company: Cointelegraph
- Type: Remote
- Employment: Full time
- Salary: 1500-3000 USD
- English: B2
Founded in 2013, Cointelegraph is the leading independent digital media resource covering the future of money. Each day our team delivers the most accurate and up-to-date news on the topics such as crypto and blockchain, Metaverse, AI and general trends. Our editorial content is based on our passion to deliver unbiased news, in-depth analytics, comprehensive cryptocurrency price charts, insightful opinion pieces, as well as regular reports on the social transformation that digital currencies bring.
Cointelegraph also offers a wide range of specialised tools and products. Explore the trader-focused Markets Pro section, The Research Terminal to get an edge in the rapidly evolving financial landscape and be at the forefront of the digital transformation.
We are here to help educate our global readership and raise awareness of the intricacies and advantages offered in today’s digital revolution. Cointelegraph is available in 11 languages and serves as a bridge for enthusiasts and professionals to make their way across into the Web3 and blockchain realm.
- Maintain current ongoing WordPress projects and plugins.
- Doing monthly maintenance and updates.
- Develop new WordPress projects via custom themes and plugins, prioritizing page speed and SEO optimization.
Ideal candidate must be well-versed in the following technologies.
- JS (vanilla and jQuery)
- WP Rest API
- WordPress AJAX API
- dockers/local by flywheel, dev kinsta, XAMP, etc.
- React (Gutenberg development)
- Gutenberg editor and FSE — no other pagebuilders should be used besides Gutenberg and FSE
- Advanced Custom Fields
- WooCommerce API (including HPOS)
- WP Job Manager
- WordPress API (hooks such as do_action, add_filter, apply_filter)
Important development flow
- All file changes must be made via git repos, avoid installing plugins directly. This also includes plugin and core updates.
- Elementor, WordPress bakery, Divi and other third party theme builders must not be utilized. Instead use ACF or Gutenberg blocks/FSE
- Fully Remote: Enjoy the freedom to work from any location around the globe.
- Generous PTO: Recharge with paid time off—because your well-being matters.
- Industry Leader: Be a part of a trailblazing organisation that sets the standard in its field.
- Career Advancement: Elevate your professional journey within a community of world-class experts.
- Continuous Learning: Experience unparalleled growth and development opportunities.