A few months ago I set out to build a page caching plugin for WordPress from scratch and streamed it live.
The result was a simple filesystem-based advanced-cache.php implementation. It was nowhere near perfect, but it worked.
It worked so well, that I decided to put some more effort into it, and I’m happy to report that it’s been running successfully on some production sites published with Sail over the past few weeks, and since quite a few Sail users have asked for a built-in caching implementation, this looks very close to what could be it.
In this post I’ll share some of the concepts behind this page caching implementation, some load testing I’ve done, and some integration plans going forward.